Director of Coaching/High Performance Badminton Coach
Position: Director of Coaching/High Performance Coach
Application Deadline: January 4th, 2013
Starting Date: March 1, 2013
Badminton Alberta, the governing body for organized badminton in the Province of Alberta and proud member of Badminton Canada, is currently inviting applications for the permanent full-time position of “Director of Coaching/High Performance Coach”. This position is financially supported by the Province of Alberta – and is dependent on current/future financial funding contributions of Alberta Sport Recreation Parks Wildlife Foundation.
Under the direction of the Executive Director and Vice President high performance, the Director of Coaching/High Performance Coach will provide leadership in coach education and will be instrumental in shaping and implementing the strategy for coach education and athlete development. Program focus areas include but are not limited to:
- Athlete Development – Four-year Game Plan, including provincial, inter-provincial, national and international games involvement.
- Coaching Development – coach mentorship, NCCP/CBET program delivery.
- Trainers Development – train and mentor NCCP course conductors.
The position will include working with volunteers and committees to ensure effective delivery and implementation of the LTAD (Long Term Athlete Development Plan) to association programs. The primary focus of this position will be to ensure that Badminton Alberta enhances the delivery strategy to foster the growth and development of our members as top caliber players and coaches.
The Head of Coaching/High Performance Coach will be a visionary; someone able to demonstrate:
- A strong technical background in the sport of badminton capable of developing a coach education system that meets the highest national/international standards;
- Experience of developing and implementing complex strategic plans;
- A coaching background and detailed knowledge of badminton, experience as an athlete or coach at a national or international standard of play;
- The candidate will also be a self-starter, possess strong interpersonal and organizational skill and be able to effectively handle numerous tasks with tight deadlines simultaneously;
- Computer literacy and ability to work with volunteers is essential;
- The candidate will be required to undergo a criminal record check.
This is a full-time, 2-year contract position that, provided all criteria and standards are met, will evolve into a four-year appointed position with possibility for renewal.
A competitive salary and benefits package will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Please submit your resume no later than 4:00 pm, January 4th. 2013. In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, preference will be given to applicants who are either Canadian citizens or landed immigrants in Canada.
Applicants should send your resume and a statement of personal coaching philosophy to:
Alberta Badminton Centre
60 Patterson Blvd SW
Calgary, Alberta T3H 2E1
Badminton Alberta is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those being considered for the position will be contacted. If a suitable candidate has not been found the position will remain open beyond the posted closing date.
PDF Version job posting