Director of Coaching
Director of Coaching
Position: Director of Coaching
Application Deadline: July 15th, 2014
Starting Date: September 1, 2014
Badminton Alberta, the governing body for organized badminton in the Province of Alberta and proud member of Badminton Canada, is currently inviting applications for the permanent full-time position of “Director of Coaching”. This position is financially supported by the Province of Alberta – and is dependent on current/future financial funding contributions of Alberta Sport Connection and other granting agencies.
Under the direction of the Executive Director and Vice President High Performance, the Director of Coaching will provide leadership in all areas of coach education and mentorship. The candidate will be instrumental in shaping and implementing the BWF’s Shuttle Time Schools Program. Program focus areas include but are not limited to:
- Shuttle Time Schools Program – develop and implement launch of BWF Shuttle Time Schools program.
- Coaching Development – coach mentorship, NCCP/CBET program delivery.
- Trainers Development – train and mentor NCCP course conductors.
- Athlete Development – four-year Game Plan, including provincial, inter-provincial, national and international games involvement.
The position will include working with volunteers and committees to ensure effective delivery and implementation of the LTAD (Long Term Athlete Development Plan) to association igh performance team programs. The primary focus of this position will be to ensure that Badminton Alberta enhances the delivery strategy to foster the growth and development of our members as top caliber players and coaches.
The Director of Coaching will be a visionary; someone able to demonstrate:
- A strong technical background in the sport of badminton capable of developing a coach education system that meets the highest national/international standards;
- Training as a Learning Facilitator or Master Learning Facilitator within the sport is preferred;
- Experience of developing and implementing complex strategic plans;
- A coaching background and detailed knowledge of badminton, experience as an athlete or coach at a national or international standard of play;
- The candidate will also be a self-starter, possess strong interpersonal and organizational skill and be able to effectively handle numerous tasks with tight deadlines simultaneously;
- Computer literacy and ability to work with volunteers is essential;
- The candidate will be required to undergo a criminal record check.
This is a full-time, 2-year contract position, that provided all criteria and standards are met, with possibility for renewal.
A competitive salary and benefits package will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Please submit your resume no later than 4:00 pm, July 15th. 2014. In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, preference will be given to applicants who are either Canadian citizens or landed immigrants in Canada.
Applicants should send your resume and a statement of personal coaching philosophy to:
60 Patterson Blvd SW
Calgary, Alberta T3H 2E1
Download: Job posting - Director of Coaching
Badminton Alberta is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those being considered for the position will be contacted. If a suitable candidate has not been found the position will remain open beyond the posted closing date.