Badminton Alberta together with the support of the Badminton Alberta Foundation, Badminton Calgary and other support agencies are interested in constructing a multi-purpose gymnasium, that will serve the needs of badminton players in the Calgary and surrounding area, for years to come.
A portion of the building will be adaptable to accommodate other sports and lifestyle activities.
We are confident the proposed recreation facility will complement the immediate community of Coachhill / Patterson Heights and surrounding communities of Strathcona, Wildwood, Courgar Ridge/West Springs, etc.
We look forward to sharing our vision with you at an upcoming Open House, time and date to be determined.
- Sept 2005 - Badminton Alberta gained operational control of former community centre of Coachhill / Patterson Heights Community Association.
- Dec 2008 - engaged Global Engineering and Testing Ltd. to perform geotechnical investigation to determine the subsurface soil conditions at the site and to provide geotechnical data for the design/construction of the proposed building facility.
- May 2009 - engaged with the City of Calgary to expand the size and property boundaries of the current lease.
- Sept 2010 - expanded lease site approved, license of occupation reset to 15 years.
- Oct 2010 - consulting with architects and engineers to determine best design and land ultilization for expanded land dimensions.
- Oct 2010 - prepared grant application for MSI funding.
- Spring 2011 - engage various levels of government regarding P3 funding opportunities.
- Fall 2011 - apply for Development Permit
- Winter 2012 - submit funding application to Alberta Lotteries