Team Alberta Manager/Assistant Coach (Female)
REQUEST FOR CANADA WINTER GAMES BADMINTON MANAGER/ASSISTANT COACH (Female)
Working together with Team Alberta, Badminton Alberta and their performance partners, the badminton coaching staff play a lead role in the identification, selection, training & monitoring, and preparation of athletes representing Alberta.
The coaching staff will travel with the team to and from the Games and stay in the designated Team Alberta accommodation at Athlete’s Village. Coaching staff are responsible for the supervision of their athletes for the duration of the Games; and, are required to abide by the policies; rules and regulations; and other guidelines adopted by Team AB, Badminton Alberta and the Host Society of the 2019 Red Deer Canada Winter Games. The coaching staff will consist of a Head Coach and Assistant Coach / Manager. Only the later position is available.
Coaches will be responsible for developing, preparing and delivering a strong comprehensive team strategy to prepare the team for competition at the Games. The goal is to produce strong, competitive team of athletes who maintain a high degree of respect, honor and sportsmanship during the entirety of the Games. Coaches are also responsible for the supervision of the athletes through the duration of the Games.
Coach responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with the Team Alberta’s IST to maximize team performance
- Participate in selection event(s) and processes;
- Aide in making decisions on final roster selections;
- Train and prepare athletes for Games competition;
- Ensure good communication with club coaches and parents regarding team activities, plans, etc.;
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of athletes and provide appropriate feedback;
- Have full understanding of the Badminton technical package for the competition;
- Abide by the policies; rules and regulations; and other guidelines adopted by Badminton AB, Team Alberta, and the Red Deer 2019 Host Society;
- Responsible for the supervision, discipline and conduct of the players at all times through the Games;
- Attend program and Team AB meetings as required;
- Other responsibilities as assigned or needed;
- Full job description and dates and timelines available for selected candidates.
- Performance Coach (Competition Introduction Provincial) certification is required. Higher certification, and Respect in Sport, is an asset.
- Have a current Criminal Record Check (CRC) and valid Driver’s License.
- Experience in planning training camps, travelling with teams by air and ground; dealing with parents, structuring meetings, supervising coaches, evaluating staff, communicating effectively, preferred.
- Experienced with current provincially recognized Team program an asset.
- Strong administration and organization skills.
- Female (As pre-selected head coach is male).
Interested parties are asked to email a cover letter, and CV to Dave McMaster at email@example.com by August 15th 2018