March 25, 2020 - Postponed until December 18-20, 2020 at Abbey Centre in Blackfalds.
The YONEX ALBERTA JUNIOR CIRCUIT concludes with the final GOLD level tournament – YONEX Alberta Junior Closed Championships being held April 17-19, 2020 at the Abbey Centre in Blackfalds.
LOCATION – Abbey Centre, 4500 Womacks Rd, Blackfalds, AB T0M 0J0
FOOD SERVICES - Food service kiosks will be available throughout the tournament.
CONDITIONS – The YONEX AJC Gold – Alberta Junior Closed Championships tournament is open to athletes born in 2010 or later (u11), 2008 or later (u13), 2006 or later (u15), 2004 or later (u17) and 2002 or later (u19).
MEMBER ELIGIBILITY - All participants must be individually affiliated at the National Member category with Badminton Alberta (valid from 01 September to 31 August 31 of each year) for the 2019-2020 season. Badminton Alberta membership must be obtained prior to attempting to register for the tournament. When registering, players will be automatically prompted if their membership needs to be renewed or invalid and requires upgrading.
All participants must be eligible under the Alberta Closed Championships and Team Eligibility Policy. Criteria to be met in order to be eligible for Closed Provincial Championships and Alberta Team selection:
- Must be a member in good standing of Badminton Alberta with a current permanent residence in Alberta
- Commitment to compete exclusively for Alberta in national events
- Commitment to not receive funding from any other province, state or country
- Member must not have competed in any closed championship or for any other provincial, state or national team in any other jurisdiction for 365 days prior
- Member must not be registered to compete in any closed championship or for any other provincial, state or national team in any jurisdiction subsequent to the Alberta Closed Provincial Championships or any Alberta Provincial Team selection event
ENTRY FEES – $82.50 per player, regardless of age category. Each player will receive one souvenir circuit clothing item per season (regardless of how many tournaments they enter).
ENTRY DEADLINE – entries are due no later than 6:00 pm MST at least fifteen (15) days prior to the start date of the tournament. Timed draws will be post on www.badmintonalberta.ca by 2:00 PM on the Wednesday prior to the tournament. Late entries may be accepted at an additional cost of $25 per player.
PAYMENT OF ENTRY FEE - Tournament entry and payment is online only, using the Tournament Software (TS) online registration. Entries not completed online will not be accepted. No manual entries will be accepted. Changes to an entry are not permitted after the final entry deadline. For entries in doubles and mixed doubles, both players must be entered within the same entry deadline or they will be partnered with another player if available.
WITHDRAWALS AND REFUNDS
- Withdrawal before the registration deadline will receive a full refund
- Withdrawal after the deadline and before the draws are made will receive a refund less a $15 + GST service charge
- Withdrawal after the draws have been published – not eligible for a refund.
- All refunds will be performed after the event has finished
FORGOT YOUR LOGIN NAME OR PASSWORD - If you ever forget your login name or password, email email@example.com Refrain from creating another account. Players requiring Badminton Alberta staff to complete online registration or membership will be required to pay $15 + GST service fee. Contact Badminton Alberta if you have any questions regarding membership at 403.297-2722 or firstname.lastname@example.org
FORMAT – Main draw with consolation events for all those defeated in their first-round match, time permitting.
EVENTS - Singles, Doubles and Mixed Doubles. Players may enter one singles, one doubles, and one mixed doubles.
AWARDS – Each host organization will be responsible to present awards to all main draw event winners, runner up and consolation winners.
CLOTHING -"Colored badminton/sport clothing" is allowed at the Abbey Centre.
SCHEDULE – Tournament will begin Friday at 1:00pm with singles. At least one round of mixed doubles may occur Friday evening. Doubles events to begin Saturday at 9:00 am, with every effort to finish play by 7:00 pm Saturday evening. Start times are subject to change depending on the size of entry. All finals will be played on Sunday beginning at 9:00 am. Schedule is subject to change, based on size of entry and availability of courts.
SHUTTLES – YONEX Mavis 300 nylon shuttles will be used for all u11 matches, while YONEX AS-40 feather shuttles will be supplied for all matches in all other age categories. Quantity of shuttles may be limited if abnormal use is experienced.
SERIES RANKINGS – Alberta Junior Provincial Closed Championship ranking points will be allocated at the 4* value of the Alberta Ranking Table.
Alberta Junior Circuit ranking point standings will be calculated and published following each tournament. These rankings will be maintained separately for singles, doubles and mixed doubles. The final Alberta Junior Circuit rankings will be based on an athlete’s best four results from the YONEX Alberta Junior Circuit tournaments, including the Alberta Junior Closed Championships.
REFEREE – Paula Sceviour
DRAW MASTER– Badminton Alberta staff (403) 297-2722. Draw times will be available at 2:00 PM on the Wednesday prior to the tournament.
TOURNAMENT RULES - Badminton Alberta has adapted the following rules regarding the allowed rest intervals and opportunities to receive external coaching assistance.
Coaching will be permitted under the following situations:
- Between second and third games of all matches (120-second interval will be allowed)
- Between first and second games of a match of all semi-final and final rounds (120-second interval will be allowed)
- No player will be allowed to leave the court during any of these intervals. Sufficient water and extra racquets should be with the player on court at the start of the match.
Coaching is not permitted:
- Prior to the start of the match following warm-up
- During the 60-second interval when one side reaches 11-points of any game in any round
- Between first and second games of a match prior to the semi-finals
YOUNG OFFICALS PROGRAM - Badminton Alberta will be continuing with the implementation of phase one of the Young Officials Program, which requires the winner of a match to stay on-court to score keep the upcoming match on the same court. Scheduling of the tournament will be adjusted to provide additional rest time between matches to accommodate the additional commitment of the players. In the case of doubles, the decision to whom will stay behind to score keep will be decided by Rock-Paper-Scissors between the winning pair. Any player unwilling to cooperate with Tournament Management regarding the fulfillment of Young Officials responsibility will be removed from the tournament immediately.
COACHING ELIGIBILITY – Effective January 01, 2016, Badminton Alberta will require that all coaches entering the field of play be minimal Comp Intro Regional certified.
PHOTOS - Badminton Alberta, its representative and successors reserve all rights to reproduce, for the purpose of illustration, fund raising, advertising or publication in any manner, any photographs taken by Badminton Alberta or affiliated members, clubs, contractors or staff during this event.
WAIVER OF RIGHTS AND ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF POLICIES
- You understand and agree to the following:
- You are participating at your own choice and, intending to be legally bound, you hereby acknowledge and agree to assume all risk of injury and loss of any kind whatsoever in participating in the event;
- You agree that you shall be solely responsible for all claims, demands, damages, costs, expenses, actions, causes of action, whether in law or in equity, resulting from any loss, personal injury, or property damage, or for the loss or theft of any property, however caused, as a result of, relating to or arising from your participation in this event;
- You hereby indemnify and save harmless Badminton Alberta and its members, agents, and/or representatives and its successors and assigns from and against all liability whatsoever resulting from any loss, personal injury, property damage, loss or theft referred to in the preceding paragraph. You hereby waive, release and forever discharge Badminton Alberta and its members, agents, and/or representatives and its successors and assigns, to the fullest extent permitted by law, from any and all claims, actions, causes of action, liabilities, obligations, damages, omissions or costs as a result of, relating to or arising from your participation in this event;
- You acknowledge that you have fully read and understand the Policies put forth by Badminton Alberta on the Badminton Alberta website and agree to abide by any rules and regulations outlined therein from the time of online entry until the completion of the event; and
- You agree that this release and waiver of liability shall be binding upon you and your heirs, executors, administrators and assigns.
- You and your parent/guardian (if the athlete in under 18 years of age) confirm that you have reviewed the approved Concussion Awareness Resources within the last 12 months. These resources are available at www. badmintonalberta.ca
ENTRY PROCEDURE – Enter on-line at www.badmintonalberta.ca
Additional information can be obtained by contacting:
BADMINTON ALBERTA, 60 Patterson Blvd SW, Calgary, AB T3H 2E1
Tel. (403) 297-2722 / Fax (403) 297-2706