The ASRPWF has established the Donation Fund Program to assist recognized not-for-profit sport and recreation organizations, and athletes, in obtaining financial support. This program was established by the ASRPWF to help enlist donors to support sport and recreation development.
The ASRPWF administers the Donation Fund, which can provide tax-deductible receipts for unconditional contributions to amateur sport or recreation in Alberta.
The ASRPWF reviews contributions to the donation fund on a quarterly basis and determines distribution of funds to the programs and clients of the ASRPWF. The appropriate provincial association then receives the funds and must account for expenditures of the amount received.
The ASRPWF provides this service without charging any administration fees. The full amount of each donation goes directly to the support of sport and recreation.
Donation Fund Processing
When a donor provides a donation through the ASRPWF's Donation Fund Program:
- The donor makes an unconditional donation to the Donation Fund Program by providing a cheque payable to the Alberta Sport, Recreation, Parks and Wildlife Foundation. Although the donor may suggest that the donation go to a specific ASRPWF program in sport or recreation, it is unconditional in nature. The ASRPWF is not obligated to follow the suggestion of the donor.
- A completed letter must accompany each donation.
- The donor is issued a tax receipt.
- The appropriate Provincial Association will receive funds in a form of a grant once approved by the ASRPWF and the Minister of Community Development.
- The Association must acknowledge receipt of expenditure of the grant on their annual statement.
You have the option of downloading the Donation Fund package or the Donation Fund letter which are in pdf format.
Please submit cheques and covering letter to:
Colleen Dec, Sport Services Section
905 Standard Life Centre,
10405 Jasper Avenue
Edmonton, AB T5J 4R7
Phone: (780) 422-8337
Fax: (780) 427-5140