The YONEX ALBERTA JUNIOR CIRCUIT continues with SILVER level tournament being held December 5-6, 2020 (u15 & u19) at the Edison Badminton Centre in Okotoks.
LOCATION – Edison Badminton Centre, Box 2, Site 11, RR2, Okotoks, AB T1S 1A2
We will be utilizing two gymnasiums located on the Edison School campus. Each gymnasium will operate independent of the other with players’ access restricted to their assigned gymnasium and immediate service area (washrooms, hallways, etc.).
CONDITIONS – The YONEX AJC Silver 9cgfrtEdison Junior
- The u13 & u17 tournament is open to athletes born in 2008 or later (u13) and 2004 or later (u17).
- The u15 & u19 tournament is open to athletes born in 2006 or later (u15) and 2002 or later (u19).
- Alberta athletes must be at least PROVINCIAL members in good standing with Badminton Alberta.
- BA membership and player license is required at $30 for athletes 14 years and under and $35 for all athletes 15 years & older.
COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS and IMPLEMENTATION GUIDELINES
- Each venue will operate with a maximum capacity of 50 people, including all players and tournament personnel,
- Players in each age category will only have access to their assigned venue,
- Each venue will operate their own match control station,
- Masks are required to be worn inside venue, however, may be removed while competing in a match,
- No spectators including parents and coaches will be allowed to the venues, No exceptions,
- Singles only, no doubles or mixed doubles events,
- The Young Officials Program (scorekeepers) will not apply at this tournament,
- Draw size will be restricted to the first 40 players in each age category,
- Equipment such as scoreboards and pens will be sanitized between matches,
- Players are required to bring their own water bottles
MEMBER ELIGIBILITY - All participants must be individually affiliated at the Provincial Member category or higher with Badminton Alberta (valid from 01 September to 31 August 31 of each year) for the 2020-21 season or be a member in good standing with another provincial/territorial badminton association. Badminton Alberta membership must be obtained prior to attempting to register for the tournament. When registering, players will be automatically prompted if their membership needs to be renewed or invalid and requires upgrading.
AJC Silver events require a Badminton Alberta membership and Provincial Player License. To avoid disappointment, do not leave your registration to the last moment.
ENTRY FEES – $65.00 per player, regardless of age category. Each player will receive one souvenir circuit branded clothing item per season (regardless of how many tournaments they enter).
ENTRY DEADLINE – entries are due no later than 6:00 pm MST at least ten (10) days prior to the start date of the tournament. Timed draws will be post on www.badmintonalberta.ca by 2:00 PM on the Wednesday prior to the tournament. Late entries may be accepted at an additional cost of $25 per player.
PAYMENT OF ENTRY FEE - Tournament entry and payment is available online, using the Tournament Software (TS) online registration. Entries not completed online will not be accepted. No manual entries will be accepted. Changes to an entry are not permitted after the final entry deadline.
WITHDRAWALS AND REFUNDS
1. Withdrawal before the registration deadline will receive a full refund
2. Withdrawal after the deadline and before the draws are made will receive a refund less a $15 + GST service charge
3. Withdrawal after the draws have been published – not eligible for a refund.
4. All refunds will be performed after the event has finished
FORGOT YOUR LOGIN NAME OR PASSWORD - If you ever forget your login name or password, email email@example.com Refrain from creating another account. Players requiring Badminton Alberta staff to complete online registration or membership will be required to pay $15 + GST service fee. Contact Badminton Alberta if you have any questions regarding membership at 403.297-2722 or firstname.lastname@example.org
REVISED FORMAT – SILVER Level events will feature Round-Robin qualifying in all singles events. Pools of four players will be used when possible, with all players eligible to advance to the knock-out stage. Players will receive a minimum of n-1+1 (n being the number of entries in their pool plus at least one playoff match). Single elimination draw type will be used in all pool playoffs.
EVENTS - Singles. Players may enter only one age category per tournament.
AWARDS – Each host organization will be responsible to present awards to all main draw event winners, runner up and consolation winners.
CLOTHING - "Colored badminton/sport clothing" is allowed at the Edison Badminton Centre. Badminton Alberta encourages the use of protective eyewear.
SCHEDULE – Tournament will begin Saturday at 9:00am with matches in each venue (u13 in school gym and u17 in badminton hall). Every effort to finish play by 6:00 pm Saturday evening. Start times and overall schedule are subject to change depending on the size of entry. If required finals will be held Sunday morning beginning at 9:00 am.
SHUTTLES – Approved feather shuttles will be supplied for all matches in all other age categories. Quantity of shuttles may be limited if abnormal use is experienced.
SERIES RANKINGS – AJC Silver tournament ranking points will be allocated at the 2* value of the Alberta Ranking Table.
Alberta Junior Circuit ranking point standings will be calculated and published following each tournament. These rankings will be maintained separately for singles, doubles and mixed doubles. The final Alberta Junior Circuit rankings will be based on an athlete’s best four results from the YONEX Alberta Junior Circuit tournaments, including the Alberta Junior Championships.
REFEREE – TBA
DRAW MASTER– Jeff Bell (403) 297-2722. Draw times will be available at 2:00 PM on the Wednesday prior to the tournament.
*NOTE: Badminton Alberta has decided that no player will be allowed to leave the court during any of these intervals. Sufficient water and extra racquets should be with the player on court at the start of the match.
COACHING & SPECTATOR RESTRICTIONS – Due to COVID-19 AHS Guidance for Sport, Physical Activity and Recreation document and the internal restrictions that many clubs have placed upon their badminton professional staff, there will be no spectators including parents or coaches allowed in the venue, and no coaches allowed upon the Field of Play. We are taking a “Let the Children Play” approach.
PHOTOS - Badminton Alberta, its representative and successors reserve all rights to reproduce, for the purpose of illustration, fund raising, advertising or publication in any manner, any photographs taken by Badminton Alberta or affiliated members, clubs, contractors or staff during this event.
WAIVER OF RIGHTS AND ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF POLICIES
You understand and agree to the following:
- You are participating at your own choice and, intending to be legally bound, you hereby acknowledge and agree to assume all risk of injury and loss of any kind whatsoever while participating in the tournament.
- You agree that you shall be solely responsible for all claims, demands, damages, costs, expenses, actions, causes of action, whether in law or in equity, resulting from any loss, personal injury, or property damage, or for the loss or theft of any property, however caused, as a result of, relating to or arising from your participation in this event;
- You hereby indemnify and save harmless Badminton Alberta and its members, agents, and/or representatives and its successors and assigns from and against all liability whatsoever resulting from any loss, personal injury, property damage, loss or theft referred to in the preceding paragraph. You hereby waive, release and forever discharge Badminton Alberta and its members, agents, and/or representatives and its successors and assigns, to the fullest extent permitted by law, from any and all claims, actions, causes of action, liabilities, obligations, damages, omissions or costs as a result of, relating to or arising from your participation in this event;
- You acknowledge that you have fully read and understand the Policies put forth by Badminton Alberta on the Badminton Alberta website and agree to abide by any rules and regulations outlined therein from the time of online entry until the completion of the event; and
- You agree that this release and waiver of liability shall be binding upon you and your heirs, executors, administrators and assigns.
- You and your parent/guardian (if the athlete in under 18 years of age) confirm that you have reviewed the approved Concussion Awareness Resources within the last 12 months. These resources are available at www. badmintonalberta.ca
ENTRY PROCEDURE – Enter on-line at www.badmintonalberta.ca
Additional information can be obtained by contacting:
BADMINTON ALBERTA, 60 Patterson Blvd SW, Calgary, AB T3H 2E1
Tel. (403) 297-2722 / Fax (403) 297-2706