Badminton Alberta has been closely following the developments regarding COVID-19 and can provide the following regarding our plans for our current and future programming:Badminton Alberta has been closely following the developments regarding COVID-19 and can provide the following regarding our plans for our current and future programming:
- The health and safety of our participants (athletes, coaches, technical officials, host community and families) is the top priority for Badminton Alberta.
- Badminton Alberta is monitoring the announcements of local and provincial health authorities and will abide by the recommendations and orders issued by those bodies.
- The Province of Alberta has today announced a ban on all gatherings of 250 or more people effective immediately.
- We have therefore postponed the Yonex AJC Silver tournament scheduled for the University of Calgary for March 13-14, 2020. We had 145 junior athletes registered for this event but felt that it would be impossible to host the event without allowing the attendance of parents and guardians.
- We will be reviewing our future events next week and will make determinations regarding those events as soon as possible. Every effort will be made to reschedule any postponed events into the future.
This is a rapidly changing situation and we appreciate your patience as we work through this issue. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. Queries can be directed by email to Jeff Bell at email@example.com or by telephone to our office at (403)297-2722.
Jeff Bell, Executive Director | Mike Powell, President