Alberta begins Step 1 of plan to ease restrictions
• School-related and limited indoor and outdoor children’s sport and performance activities, one-on-one indoor personal fitness with a trainer, and dine-in service at restaurants, cafés and pubs are now permitted provincewide.
Children and youth will be allowed to participate in limited school and team sport activities.
• Lessons, practices and conditioning activities are allowed for indoor and outdoor, team-based, minor sports/activities and school athletics.
• Games are not allowed.
• Maximum of 10 total individuals, including all coaches, trainers, and participants.
• Physical distancing must be maintained between participants at all times:
• 3-metres physical distance for indoor activities
• 2-metres physical distance for outdoor activities
• coaches or trainers may enter physical distancing space for brief interactions with participants (for example, to correct form or technique)
• Participants must be masked at all times, except during the training activity. Coaches and trainers must remain masked at all times.
• Access to change rooms must be limited, including accelerated arrival and departure, emergencies (for example, first aid) and washroom use.