The YONEX ALBERTA JUNIOR CIRCUIT commences with the first SILVER level tournament being held September 27-29, 2019 at the Genesis Place in Airdrie.
LOCATION – Genesis Place, 800 East Lake Blvd NE, Airdrie, AB T4A 2K9
We will be utilizing one indoor fieldhouse containing nine badminton courts, tiered court side seating, on-site food vendors, locker change rooms, etc.
CONDITIONS – The YONEX AJC Silver - Airdrie Junior tournament is open to athletes born in 2009 or later (u11), 2007 or later (u13), 2005 or later (u15), 2003 or later (u17), 2001 or later (u19). Alberta athletes must be at least PROVINCIAL members in good standing with Badminton Alberta. BA membership is required at $30 for athletes 14 years and under and $35 for all athletes 15 years & older.
MEMBER ELIGIBILITY - All participants must be individually affiliated at the Provincial Member category or higher with Badminton Alberta (valid from 01 September to 31 August 31 of each year) for the 2019-2020 season or be a member in good standing with another provincial/territorial badminton association. Badminton Alberta membership must be obtained prior to attempting to register for the tournament. When registering, players will be automatically prompted if their membership needs to be renewed or invalid and requires upgrading.
AJC Silver events require a minimum $30.00 Provincial Membership. To avoid disappointment, do not leave your registration to the last moment.
ENTRY FEES – $67.51 per player, regardless of age category. Each player will receive one souvenir circuit clothing item per season (regardless of how many tournaments they enter).
ENTRY DEADLINE – entries are due no later than 6:00 pm MST at least ten (10) days prior to the start date of the tournament. Timed draws will be post on www.badmintonalberta.ca by 2:00 PM on the Wednesday prior to the tournament. Late entries may be accepted at an additional cost of $25 per player.
PAYMENT OF ENTRY FEE - Tournament entry and payment is online only, using the Tournament Software (TS) online registration. Entries not completed online will not be accepted. No manual entries will be accepted. Changes to an entry are not permitted after the final entry deadline. For entries in doubles and mixed doubles, both players must be entered within the same entry deadline or they will be partnered with another player if available.
WITHDRAWALS AND REFUNDS
1. Withdrawal before the registration deadline will receive a full refund
2. Withdrawal after the deadline and before the draws are made will receive a refund less a $15 + GST service charge
3. Withdrawal after the draws have been published – not eligible for a refund.
4. All refunds will be performed after the event has finished
FORGOT YOUR LOGIN NAME OR PASSWORD - If you ever forget your login name or password, email firstname.lastname@example.org Refrain from creating another account. Players requiring Badminton Alberta staff to complete online registration or membership will be required to pay $15 + GST service fee. Contact Badminton Alberta if you have any questions regarding membership at 403.297-2722 or email@example.com
NEW FORMAT – SILVER Level events will feature Round-Robin qualifying in all singles events. Seeded players will not be included within pool play, but they will receive an automatic bye into the knock-out stage. Pools of four players will be used when possible, with only the top finisher in each pool advancing to the knock out (main round single elimination draw) stage. Players will receive a minimum of two matches in singles and two matches in all doubles events. Single elimination draw type with consolations (time permitting) in all doubles events.
EVENTS - Singles, Doubles and Mixed Doubles. Players may enter one singles, one doubles, and one mixed doubles.
AWARDS – Each host organization will be responsible to present awards to all main draw event winners, runner up and consolation winners.
CLOTHING-"Colored badminton/sport clothing" is allowed at the Genesis Place.
SCHEDULE – Tournament will begin Friday at 1:00pm with singles. At least one round of mixed doubles may occur Friday evening. Doubles events to begin Saturday at 9:00 am, with every effort to finish play by 8:00 pm Saturday evening. Start times are subject to change depending on the size of entry. Schedule is subject to change, based on size of entry and availability of courts. All finals will be held Sunday morning beginning at 9:00 am.
SHUTTLES – YONEX Mavis nylon shuttles may be used for u11, while a minimum AS-30 feather shuttles will be supplied for all matches in all other age categories. Quantity of shuttles may be limited if abnormal use is experienced.
SERIES RANKINGS – AJC Silver tournament ranking points will be allocated at the 2* value of the Alberta Ranking Table. Ranking points obtained at AJC Silver tournaments do not qualify towards Team Alberta selection.
Alberta Junior Circuit ranking point standings will be calculated and published following each tournament. These rankings will be maintained separately for singles, doubles and mixed doubles. The final Alberta Junior Circuit rankings will be based on an athlete’s best four results from the Yonex Alberta Junior Circuit tournaments, including the Alberta Junior Championships.
REFEREE – Jeff Bell
DRAW MASTER– Jeff Bell (403) 297-2722. Draw times will be available at 2:00 PM on the Wednesday prior to the tournament.
TOURNAMENT RULES – The following are the new intervals for the Rally Point System, and when coaching will be permitted.
- The 60-second interval is allowed during each game once one side reaches 11 points, but no coaching will be allowed.
- Prior to the semi-finals, the 120-second interval between the 1st and 2nd games will be permitted without coaching support. The 120-second interval between the 2nd and 3rd games will be allowed in all rounds and will permit coaching support.
- During the semi-finals and finals, coaching during the 120-second interval will be allowed.
NOTE: Badminton Alberta has decided that no player will be allowed to leave the court during any of these intervals. Sufficient water and extra racquets should be with the player on court at the start of the match.
YOUNG OFFICALS PROGRAM - Badminton Alberta will be continuing with the implementation of phase one of the Young Officials Program, which requires the winner of a match to stay on-court to score keep the upcoming match on the same court. Scheduling of the tournament will be adjusted to provide additional rest time between matches to accommodate the additional commitment of the players. In the case of doubles, the decision to whom will stay behind to score keep will be decided by Rock-Paper-Scissors between the winning pair. Any player unwilling to cooperate with Tournament Management will be removed from the tournament.
COACHING ELIGIBILITY – Effective January 01, 2016, Badminton Alberta will require that all coaches entering the field of play be minimal Comp Intro Regional certified.
PHOTOS - Badminton Alberta, its representative and successors reserve all rights to reproduce, for the purpose of illustration, fund raising, advertising or publication in any manner, any photographs taken by Badminton Alberta or affiliated members, clubs, contractors or staff during this event.
WAIVER OF RIGHTS AND ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF POLICIES
You understand and agree to the following:
- You are participating at your own choice and, intending to be legally bound, you hereby acknowledge and agree to assume all risk of injury and loss of any kind whatsoever in participating in this event;
- You agree that you shall be solely responsible for all claims, demands, damages, costs, expenses, actions, causes of action, whether in law or in equity, resulting from any loss, personal injury, or property damage, or for the loss or theft of any property, however caused, as a result of, relating to or arising from your participation in this event;
- You hereby indemnify and save harmless Badminton Alberta and its members, agents, and/or representatives and its successors and assigns from and against all liability whatsoever resulting from any loss, personal injury, property damage, loss or theft referred to in the preceding paragraph. You hereby waive, release and forever discharge Badminton Alberta and its members, agents, and/or representatives and its successors and assigns, to the fullest extent permitted by law, from any and all claims, actions, causes of action, liabilities, obligations, damages, omissions or costs as a result of, relating to or arising from your participation in this event;
- You acknowledge that you have fully read and understand the Policies put forth by Badminton Alberta on the Badminton Alberta website and agree to abide by any rules and regulations outlined therein from the time of online entry until the completion of the event; and
- You agree that this release and waiver of liability shall be binding upon you and your heirs, executors, administrators and assigns.
- You and your parent/guardian (if the athlete in under 18 years of age) confirm that you have reviewed the approved Concussion Awareness Resources within the last 12 months. These resources are available at www. badmintonalberta.ca
ENTRY PROCEDURE – Enter on-line at www.badmintonalberta.ca
Additional information can be obtained by contacting:
BADMINTON ALBERTA, 60 Patterson Blvd SW, Calgary, AB T3H 2E1
Tel. (403) 297-2722 / Fax (403) 297-2706