2019 YONEX Quebec Elite
|Group:||National - YONEX Senior Elite
|City:||Quebec City, QC
2019 YONEX QUEBEC ELITE
VENUE/ENDROIT: Pavillon de l'éducation physique et des sports de l'Université Laval
2300 De la Terrasse St
Quebec City, QC
DATES/DATES: September 20-22 2019
September 10th 2019
Unpaid entries will not be included in the draws.
LATE ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
The entry fee of $120 per player must be made online. There will be an additional $30 fee for Non-Canadian association participants.
ORGANIZING COMMITTEE/COMMITTE DE ORGANISATION:
Tournament Chair: Etienne Couture
Referee: Mohamed Lamine Kateb
Deputy Referee: TBD
Badminton Canada: Mike Luckemail@example.com
Open events will be held in singles, doubles and mixed doubles for both the MAIN DRAW, and UNIVERSITY EVENT, in addition to a WATERFALL FORMAT for consolations.
• Players eligible for the University tournament pay the same entry fee as the SES players but will be allowed to enter up to 4 events (a combination of Men’s Singles, Women’s Singles, Men’s Doubles, Women’s Doubles & Mixed Doubles as per standard eligibility requirements) in either the University/College tournament or the SES tournament. (For example, a player may be in the University tournament for MS & MD and also play in the MS & MD in the SES tournament)
• Each event (MS, WS, MD, WD, XD) will be conducted in a waterfall type format (ABCD). All athletes will begin the event in the A draw and fall to B-C-D Draw in a double-elimination style format. It will be the responsibility of each athlete to notify the draw desk, within 30-minutes of their opening round defeat.
• All players will receive National Ranking points related to their placing in the A Draw.
• Players that enter the University/College and SES tournaments should be aware that SES events will be scheduled in priority over the University Events.
• Players competing in both tournaments will not be guaranteed standard rest times when they have conflicting matches in the separate tournaments, however the tournament Referee and HC will allow for 30 minutes rest whenever possible.
• Badminton Canada will be utilizing the Tournament Software online registration system.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION:
All participants in Elite Series tournaments must be registered members of BCan or a Member Association of the Badminton World Federation (BWF) and provide their member ID upon online registration.
The registration fee to become a member of Badminton Canada will be an annual fee (Sept 1st-August 31st) and you must be a registered member in good standing with a BCan provincial membership organization in order to be a registered member of BCan.
*Non-Canadian association participants will be charged an extra $15 fee for entering a tournament.
The maximum number of entrants is 150. Should the maximum entry be exceeded, priority will be given to players/teams ranked in the top 10 in each event on the Canadian National ranking list. After the top 10 ranked players/teams in each event, priority will be given to players based on their date of entry onto the tournament. Doubles and Mixed teams will be considered based on the latest entry date of the two partners.
Players entering the University/College tournament must meet the following criteria:
1. Must be a full-time student at a post-secondary institution with a minimum of 3 courses (minimum 9 credit hours or equivalent) in the semester when the event is being held.
2. There are no Canadian Citizenship requirements for participation.
3. There are no restrictions regarding maximum years or eligibility or age limits
Refunds are provided to participants, less a 25% administration fee, who withdraw prior to the entry deadline of the competition.
After the entry deadline, but before the draws are made, refunds are provided less a 50% administration fee.
Refunds will not be provided for withdrawals after the draws have been made.
For athletes who chose to withdraw from any event after the late registration deadline will be withdrawn from all events the athlete has registered to participate in.
SEEDING & DRAWS
Seeding done by Badminton Canada’s Seeding Committee and draws according to the BCAN regulations
Friday Sept 20 – Main Rounds
Saturday Sept 21 – Quarter-Finals/Semi-Finals
Sunday Sept 22-Finals/Consolation Finals
The 21-Rally Point scoring format will be utilized. Three-minute warm-up and ten-minute default will be strictly enforced. The use of protective eyewear is strongly recommended during play (not mandatory).
BWF Regulations and the Badminton Canada Competition Uniform Regulations shall be followed
Use of protective eyewear is strongly recommended during play but is not required.
Deadline for registration as a coach is THE SAME AS THE REGISTRATION DEADLINE FOR ATHLETES. All coaches must comply with the Badminton Canada Coaching Certification Policy.
CERTIFICATION DES ENTRAINEURS
Tous les entraîneurs doivent se conformer à la politiqe de certification des entraîneurs. Vous pouvez trouvez la politique ici
L'Hôtel Universel est fière d'être partenaire du Québec sénior élite qui aura lieu à l’Université Laval. Hotel Universel is proud to be one of the official hotels of the 2018 Quebec senior elite.
WAIVER OF RIGHTS:
I hereby, for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, waive and release any and all claims for damages I may have against Badminton Canada, any of it's member organizations, the host venue, and their respective agents, members of staff, for any and all injuries which may be suffered by me, through accident or negligence, in conjunction with my competition and attendance at all related activities of this event.
I accept the above terms from the time of online entry until the completion of the tournament.