Badminton Alberta will be participating in the Restrictions Exemption Program as initiated by the Alberta Government effective September 20, 2021. These restrictions will be in effect at all sanctioned events including tournaments and youth/child lesson programs offered directly by Badminton Alberta.
By choosing to implement the Restrictions Exemption Program, Badminton Alberta must continue to follow indoor mandatory masking requirements, but can operate without capacity or operating restrictions if they require people aged 12 and over to show one of the following:
- proof of vaccination
- partial vaccination (one dose) accepted September 20 to October 25 if received 2 weeks before time of service
- full vaccination (two doses) required after October 25
- proof of a privately-paid negative PCR or rapid test within 72 hours of service (tests from AHS or Alberta Precision Laboratories not allowed)
- documentation of a medical exemption
Businesses do not need to apply for the program. Audits and enforcement will occur to ensure rules are followed.
The Restriction Exemption Program would not apply to:
- businesses or entities that need to be accessed for daily living
- employees of businesses participating in the program
- children under 12
Proof of negative test
To enter spaces participating in the Restrictions Exemption Program, people aged 12 and older can show proof of a negative test result.
- Tests must be privately-paid COVID-19 PCR or rapid tests completed within 72 hours.
- Tests must not be from Alberta Health Services or Alberta Precision Laboratories.
Proof of vaccination
To enter spaces participating in the Restrictions Exemption Program, people ages 12 and older can provide proof of vaccination or documentation of a medical exemption.
- Sept. 20 to Oct. 25: proof of a single dose is considered acceptable as long as the dose was given more than 2 weeks before the time of service.
- After Oct. 25: proof of double vaccination is required.