Calgary Youth Programs - Winter 2023
The Badminton Academy (Calgary) Child & Youth Programs - WINTER 2023
In the Winter of 2023, Badminton Alberta offers a number of program choices in the Calgary area for child & youth aged 7-17 years of age interested in pursuing badminton. Group lessons are available Monday through Friday evenings at numerous school gyms throughout the City of Calgary and on Saturday morning at Mount Royal University.
Families in need of financial assistance may apply to the following agencies to ease the cost of their child's involvement in sport.
Calgary Child & Youth Program formerly the City of Calgary Recreation SCORE programs)
Badminton Alberta provides weeknight instructional programs throughout the City of Calgary (formerly offered through The City of Calgary Recreation department). Program information can be accessed by following these links:
Thank you for your patience. Badminton Alberta is introducing a new registration system. Please take a minute to create a new family account. After you have created your new account, simply log-in to complete the registration including payment. Following your registration, you have the ability to log-in to confirm your registration, check dates, add a new class, etc.
|If you experience a problem during registration, please contact
Yonex Child lessons (aged 7-11 years of age)
- Mondays at Cedarbrae School (6:15-7:35pm for 7-weeks) = $140.00 (Jan Jan 16, 23, 30, Feb 6, 13, 27, Mar 6 - No class on Feb 20, 2023)
- Tuesdays at West Dalhousie (6:15-7:35pm for 6-weeks) = $120.00 (Jan 17, 24, 31, Feb 14, 21, 28 - No class on Feb 7, 2023)
- Wednesdays at Hawkwood School (6:15-7:35pm for 6-weeks) = $120.00 (Feb 1, 8, 15, 22, Mar 1, 8)
- Fridays at Southland Leisure Centre (4:30-5:30pm for 11-weeks) = $220.00 (Jan 6, 13, 20, 27, Feb 3, 10, 17, 24, Mar 3, 10, 17 - No missed classes, 2023)
- Saturdays at Mount Royal University (8:30am-9:30am for 10-weeks) = $200.00 (Jan 7, 21, 28, Feb 4, 11, 25, Mar 4, 11, 18, 25, 2023 - No class on Jan 14, Feb 18, 2023)
Yonex Youth lessons (aged 12-17 years of age)
- Mondays at Cedarbrae School (7:45-9:05pm for 7-weeks) $154.00 GST($7.70)= $161.70 (Jan 16, 23, 30, Feb 6, 13, 27, Mar 6- No class on Feb 20, 2023)
- Tuesdays at West Dalhousie (7:45-9:05pm for 10-weeks) $132.00 GST($6.60)= $138.60 (Jan 17, 24, 31, Feb 14, 21, 28 - No class on Feb 7, 2023)
- Wednesdays at Hawkwood School (7:45-9:05pm for 6-weeks) = $138.60 (Feb 1, 8, 15, 22, Mar 1, 8)
- Fridays at Southland Leisure Centre (5:30-7:00pm for 11-weeks) = $242.00 GST(12.10)= $254.10 (Jan 6, 13, 20, 27, Feb 3, 10, 17, 24, Mar 3, 10, 17 - No missed classes)
- Saturdays at Mount Royal University (8:30am-9:50am for 10-weeks) = $220.00 (Jan 7, 21, 28, Feb 4, 11, 25, Mar 4, 11, 18, 25 - No class om Jan 14, Feb 18, 2023)
- Saturdays at Mount Royal University (10:00am-11:20am for 10 weeks) $260.00 GST($13.00)= $273.00 (Jan 7, 21, 28, Feb 4, 11, 25, Feb 4, 11, 18, 25 - No class Jan 14, Feb 18, 2023)
Registration is now available through our new registration platform effective November 21, 2023.
Payment: Each registrant will be required to submit payment on our Active Net registration site and payment is due at the time of registration.
The Badminton Academy - Elite Training
The Badminton Academy provides identified junior aged athletes the opportunity to train twice per week from September through June.
Through the use of a talent identification process, Calgary Youth program coaches make recommendation and present the opportunity for athletes to recieve additional weekly training.
For all other athletes interested in trying out for our elite program they must register and pay a registration fee and be assessed prior to acceptance. At the conclusion of the assessment, for those athletes successful at the tryouts, will recieve an invitation email inviting them into the elite program. Our two day a week training program held at Mount Royal Universiy on Saturday's and The Univesity of Calgary on Monday evening's training sessions will focus on topics that are challenging to all athletes and relevant to their level of skill acquisition.
Selected athletes must make the commitment to attend all training sessions (fall, winter & spring each with a seperate session fee) and are encouraged to participate in selected junior tournaments as advised by the coaching staff. Athletes will compete in junior tournaments under the Badminton Academy club listing, tournament fees will apply.
Athletes interested in this elite program for the FALL session must be identified through any of the following programs: MRU youth Programs, U of C youth programs or through the City of Calgary youth programs and make application to Badminton Alberta at firstname.lastname@example.org
Opportunities or register on-line will be limited due to space constraints.