Calgary Youth Programs - Winter 2024
The Badminton Academy (Calgary) Child & Youth Programs - Winter 2024
In the Winter 2024, Badminton Alberta offers a number of program choices in the Calgary area for child & youth aged 7-17 years of age interested in pursuing badminton. Group lessons are available Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Saturdays and Friday evenings at numerous school gyms throughout the City of Calgary.
Families in need of financial assistance may apply to the following agencies to ease the cost of their child's involvement in sport.
Calgary Child & Youth Program formerly the City of Calgary Recreation SCORE programs)
Badminton Alberta provides weeknight instructional programs throughout the City of Calgary. Program information can be accessed by following these links:
Thank you for your patience. Badminton Alberta is introducing a new registration system. Please take a minute to create a new family account. After you have created your new account, simply log-in to complete the registration including payment. Following your registration, you have the ability to log-in to confirm your registration, check dates, add a new class, etc.
If you experience a problem during registration
Margaret at Badminton Alberta via email:
Yonex Child lessons (aged 7-11 years of age)
- Mondays - Child - Cedarbrae School (6:15pm-7:35pm per 6-week session) - $126.00- Jan 22, 29, Feb 5, 12, 26, Mar 18, 2024. (Scheduled No Lesson Dates Feb 19, Mar 4, 11, 2024).
- Tuesdays - Child - West Dalhousie School (6:15pm - 7:35pm per 8-week session) - $168.00- Jan 9, 16, 23, 30, Feb 6, 13, 20, 27, 2024.(No Missed Lesson Dates).
- Fridays - Child - Southland Leisure Centre (4:30pm - 5:30pm per 11-week session) - $231.00 - Jan 5, 12, 19, 26, Feb 2, 9, 16, 23, Mar 1, 8, 15, 2024. (No missed Lesson Dates).
- Wednesdays - Child - Hawkwood School (6:15-7:45pm per 6-week session) - $126.00 - Jan 10, Feb 7, 14, 21, 28, Mar 6, 2024. (Scheduled No Lesson Dates Jan 17, 24, 31, 2024).
- Saturdays - Child - Class A at Mount Royal University (8:30am - 9:30am per 10-week session) - $210.00 - Jan 6, 20, 27, Feb 3, 10, 24, Mar 2, 9, 16, 23, 2024. (Scheduled No lesson Dates Jan 13, Feb 17, 2024).
Yonex Youth lessons (aged 12-17 years of age)
- Mondays - Youth - Cedarbrae School (7:45pm - 9:05pm per 6-week session)- $138.60 (GST Not Included) - Jan 22, 29, Feb 5, 12, 26, Mar 18, 2024. (Scheduled No Lesson Dates Feb 19, Mar 4, 11, 2024).
- Tuesdays - Youth - West Dalhousie School (7:45pm - 9:05pm per 8-week session) - $184.80 (GST Not Included) - Jan 9, 16, 23, 30, Feb 6, 13, 20, 27, 2024. (No Missed Lesson Dates).
- Fridays - Youth - Southland Leisure Centre (5:30pm - 7:00pm per 11-week session) - $254.10 (GST Not Included) - Jan 5, 12, 19, 26, Feb 2, 9, 16, 23, Mar 1, 8, 15, 2024. (No Missed Lesson dates).
- Wednesdays - Youth - Hawkwood School (7:45-9:05pm per 6- week session)-$138.60 (GST Not Included) - Jan 10, Feb 7, 14, 21, 28, Mar 6, 2024. (Scheduled No Lesson dates Jan 17, 24, 31, 2024).
- Saturdays - Youth - Class B at Mount Royal University (8:30am - 9:50am per 10-week session) - $231.00- Jan 6, 20, 27, Feb 3, 10, 24, Mar 2, 9, 16, 23, 2024. (No Scheduled Lesson Dates Jan 13, Feb 17, 2024).
- Saturdays - Youth - Class C at Mount Royal University (10:00am - 11:20am per 10-week session) - $252.00 (GST Not Included)- Jan 6, 20, 27, Feb 3, 10, 24, Mar 2, 9, 16, 23, 2024. (No Scheduled Lesson Dates Jan 13, Feb 17, 2024).
Registration will open November 14, 2023 at 4:30pm through our new registration platform, please visit at www.badmintonalberta.ca
Payment: Each registrant will be required to submit payment on our Active Net registration site and payment is due at the time of registration.
The Badminton Academy - Elite Training (Tryouts Fall of 2024). Mount Royal University - Stanley Gym- Time: 8:30am - 11:30am.
The Badminton Academy provides identified junior aged athletes the opportunity to train twice per week from September through June.
Through the use of a talent identification process, Calgary Youth program coaches make recommendation and present the opportunity for athletes to recieve additional weekly training.
For all other athletes interested in trying out for our elite program they must register and pay a registration fee and be assessed prior to acceptance. At the conclusion of the assessment, for those athletes successful at the tryouts, will recieve an invitation email inviting them into the elite program. Our two day a week training program held at Mount Royal Universiy on Saturday's and The Univesity of Calgary on Monday evening's training sessions will focus on topics that are challenging to all athletes and relevant to their level of skill acquisition.
Selected athletes must make the commitment to attend all training sessions (fall, winter & spring each with a seperate session fee) and are encouraged to participate in selected junior tournaments as advised by the coaching staff. Athletes will compete in junior tournaments under the Badminton Academy club listing, tournament fees will apply.
Athletes interested in this elite program for the FALL session must be identified through any of the following programs: MRU youth Programs, U of C youth programs or through the City of Calgary youth programs and make application to Badminton Alberta on-line registration site at www.badmintonalberta.ca.
Register is on-line- A $25.00 registration fee must be paid prior to attending the elite tryouts, not refundable.