REGULATIONS - 2019 YONEX Alberta Senior Elite - "A" (Open) Division
2019 YONEX AB ELITE SERIES
VENUE: The Derrick Golf and Winter Club
PHONE: (780) 437-1833
DATES/DATES: December 6-8, 2019
“A” (Open) Entry -November 8, 2019
- Late entries will be accepted until November 15, 2019 with a 50$ late fee
Unpaid entries will not be included in the draws.
Tournament Chair: Alex Pangfirstname.lastname@example.org 403.297-2722
Tournament Organizer: Alex Pangemail@example.com 403.297-2722
Referee: Paula Sceviour – firstname.lastname@example.org
Deputy Referee: Jeff Bell – email@example.com
Badminton Canada: Mike Luckfirstname.lastname@example.org X102
TENTATIVE SCHEDULE: TBA
The 2019 YONEX AB Elite Series will be following a new format with “A” and “B” categories.
- The entry fee of “A” will be $120 per player and must be made online. There will be an additional fee of $30 for Non-Canadian association participants.
- The entry fee of “B” will be $80 per player and must be made online.
Players may not register for both “A” & “B”
Refunds are provided to participants, less a 25% administration fee, who withdraw prior to the entry deadline of the competition. After the entry deadline, but before the draws are made, refunds are provided less a 50% administration fee.
Refunds will not be provided for withdrawals after the draws have been made.
For athletes who chose to withdraw from any event after the late registration deadline (November 15, 2019) will be withdrawn from all events the athlete has registered to participate in.
SEEDING & DRAWS
“A” (Open) seeding will be done by Badminton Canada’s Seeding Committee and draws according to the Badminton Canada General Competition Regulations.
“B” Seeding and draws will be executed by Badminton Alberta
“A” (Open) events will be held in singles, doubles and mixed doubles:
- If there are at least 50 players entered in the “A” Tournament, prize money will be distributed on a sliding scale. Refer to the PRIZE MONEY section of the regulations for the breakdown
- If there are 49 or less players entered in the “A” Tournament, no prize money will be distributed
- All players entered in the “A” Draw will receive National Ranking Points related to their placing
- Players entered in the “A” Tournament may not register into the “B” Tournament
“B” events will be held in singles, doubles and mixed doubles:
- If there are at least 50 players entered in the “B” Tournament, prize money will be distributed on a sliding scale. Refer to the PRIZE MONEY section of the regulations for the breakdown
- If there are 49 or less players entered in the “B” Tournament, YONEX product points will be distributed instead of prize money
- Players entered in the “B” Tournament may not register into the “A” Tournament
Badminton Canada will be utilizing the Tournament Software online registration system.
Consolations for both “A” (Open) and “B” will be held for all competitors defeated in their first-round match of the main events. It will be the responsibility of each athlete to notify the draw desk, within 30-minutes of their opening round defeat if they do NOT wish to participate in consolation. Consolation rounds offered time permitting.
Prize money for the 2019 YONEX AB Elite Series will be based on a sliding scale, as follows:
“A” (Open) Prize Money:
|# Players Entered
|Prize Pool ($)
“B” Prize Money:
|# Players Entered
|Prize Pool ($)
Prize Money distribution will follow the regulations as per Badminton Canada’s General Competition Regulations Appendix D.
The 21-Rally Point scoring format will be utilized. 3-minute warm-up and 10-minute defaults will be strictly enforced.
The use of protective eyewear is strongly recommended during play (not mandatory).
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION:
All participants in the Alberta Elite Series tournaments must be registered as follows:
“A” (Open) participants
- Registered members of their respective provincial/territorial badminton associations
- Hold a national level licence or international licence issued by BCan,
- Or a Member Association of the Badminton World Federation (BWF) and provide their member ID upon online registration.
- The registration fee to become a member of Badminton Canada will be an annual fee (Sept 1st-August 31st) and you must be a registered member in good standing with a BCan provincial membership organization in order to be a registered member of BCan.
- Non-Canadian Participants will require an International Player license. Please contact John Russell (email@example.com) for details.
- Registered PROVINCIAL members of Badminton Alberta
The registration fee to become a member of Badminton Alberta is an annual fee (Sep 01 – Aug 31). You must be a registered member in good standing with a Badminton Alberta provincial membership in order to participate.
The maximum number of entrants is 150. Should the maximum entry be exceeded, priority will be given to players/teams ranked in the top 10 in each event on the Canadian National ranking list. After the top 10 ranked players/teams in each event, priority will be given to players based on their date of entry onto the tournament. Doubles and Mixed teams will be considered based on the latest entry date of the two partners.
BWF Regulations and the Badminton Canada Competition Uniform Regulations shall be followed-
Use of protective eyewear is strongly recommended during play but is not required.
“A" (Open) and “B” Coaches
Deadline for registration as a coach is THE SAME AS THE REGISTRATION DEADLINE FOR ATHLETES. All coaches must comply with the Badminton Canada Coaching Certification Policy.
Once a coach has registered for the 2019-20 season, they will not need to re-register for the remainder of the season. To register, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
WAIVER OF RIGHTS:
I hereby, for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, waive and release any and all claims for damages I may have against Badminton Canada, any of it's member organizations, the host venue, and their respective agents, members of staff, for any and all injuries which may be suffered by me, through accident or negligence, in conjunction with my competition and attendance at all related activities of this event.
I accept the above terms from the time of online entry until the completion of the tournament.
Please be aware that Badminton AB, its representative and successors reserve all rights to reproduce, for the purpose of illustration, fund raising, advertising or publication in any manner, any photographs taken by Badminton AB or affiliated members, clubs, contractors or staff during this event.