The YONEX ALBERTA JUNIOR CIRCUIT continues with the fifth SILVER level tournament being held January 31-February 2, 2020 at Wm E Hay High School in Stettler. Gymnasium.
LOCATION – Wm E Hay High School, 5411-50 Avenue, Stettler, T0C 2L2
HOTEL - Rooms have been reserved until January 15th at the following Stettler hotels: Ramada Inn & Suites Stettler (1.403.742-6555) and Canalta Hotel Crusader (1.403.742-3371).
FOOD SERVICES - Food service kiosks will be available throughout Stettler Junior during the tournament.
CONDITIONS – The YONEX AJC Silver - Stettler Junior tournament is open to athletes born in 2008 or later (u13), 2006 or later (u15), 2004 or later (u17) and 2002 or later (u19). Alberta athletes must be at least PROVINCIAL members in good standing with Badminton Alberta. BA membership is required at $30 for athletes 14 years and under and $35 for all athletes 15 years & older.
MEMBER ELIGIBILITY - All participants must be individually affiliated at the Provincial Member category or higher with Badminton Alberta (valid from 01 September to 31 August 31 of each year) for the 2019-2020 season or be a member in good standing with another provincial/territorial badminton association. Badminton Alberta membership must be obtained prior to attempting to register for the tournament. When registering, players will be automatically prompted if their membership needs to be renewed or invalid and requires upgrading.
AJC Silver events require a minimum $30.00 Provincial Membership. To avoid disappointment, do not leave your registration to the last moment.
ENTRY FEES – $70.05 per player, regardless of age category. Each player will receive one souvenir circuit clothing item per season (regardless of how many tournaments they enter).
ENTRY DEADLINE – entries are due no later than 6:00 pm MST at least ten (10) days prior to the start date of the tournament. Timed draws will be post on www.badmintonalberta.ca by 2:00 PM on the Wednesday prior to the tournament. Late entries may be accepted at an additional cost of $25 per player.
PAYMENT OF ENTRY FEE - Tournament entry and payment is online only, using the Tournament Software (TS) online registration. Entries not completed online will not be accepted. No manual entries will be accepted. Changes to an entry are not permitted after the final entry deadline. For entries in doubles and mixed doubles, both players must be entered within the same entry deadline or they will be partnered with another player if available.
WITHDRAWALS AND REFUNDS
- Withdrawal before the registration deadline will receive a full refund
- Wthdrawal after the deadline and before the draws are made will receive a refund less a $15 + GST service charge
- Withdrawal after the draws have been published – not eligible for a refund.
- All refunds will be performed after the event has finished
FORGOT YOUR LOGIN NAME OR PASSWORD - If you ever forget your login name or password, email firstname.lastname@example.org Refrain from creating another account. Players requiring Badminton Alberta staff to complete online registration or membership will be required to pay $15 + GST service fee. Contact Badminton Alberta if you have any questions regarding membership at 403.297-2722 or email@example.com
NEW FORMAT – SILVER Level events will feature Round-Robin qualifying in all singles events. Seeded players will not be included within pool play, but they will receive an automatic bye into the knock-out stage. Pools of four players will be used when possible, with only the top finisher in each pool advancing to the knock out (main round single elimination draw) stage. Players will receive a minimum of two matches in singles and two matches in all doubles events. Single elimination draw type with consolations (time permitting) in all doubles events.
EVENTS - Singles, Doubles and Mixed Doubles. Players may enter one singles, one doubles, and one mixed doubles.
AWARDS – Each host organization will be responsible to present awards to all main draw event winners, runner up and consolation winners.
CLOTHING-"Colored badminton/sport clothing" is allowed at Stettler Junior.
SCHEDULE – Tournament will begin Friday at 4:00pm with singles. At least one round of mixed doubles may occur Friday evening. Doubles events to begin Saturday at 9:00 am, with every effort to finish play by 6:00 pm Saturday evening. Start times are subject to change depending on the size of entry. Schedule is subject to change, based on size of entry and availability of courts. All finals will be held Sunday morning beginning at 9:00 am.
SHUTTLES – YONEX AS-30 feather shuttles will be supplied for all matches in all age categories. Quantity of shuttles may be limited if abnormal use is experienced.
SERIES RANKINGS – AJC Silver tournament ranking points will be allocated at the 2* value of the Alberta Ranking Table. Ranking points obtained at AJC Silver tournaments do not qualify towards Team Alberta selection.
Alberta Junior Circuit ranking point standings will be calculated and published following each tournament. These rankings will be maintained separately for singles, doubles and mixed doubles. The final Alberta Junior Circuit rankings will be based on an athlete’s best four results from the Yonex Alberta Junior Circuit tournaments, including the Alberta Junior Championships.
REFEREE – Bruce LaRocque
DRAW MASTER– Badminton Alberta staff (403) 297-2722. Draw times will be available at 2:00 PM on the Wednesday prior to the tournament.
TOURNAMENT RULES - Badminton Alberta has adapted the following rules regarding the allowed rest intervals and opportunities to receive external coaching assistance.
Coaching will be permitted under the following situations:
- Between second and third games of all matches (120-second interval will be allowed)
- Between first and second games of a match of all semi-final and final rounds (120-second interval will be allowed)
- No player will be allowed to leave the court during any of these intervals. Sufficient water and extra racquets should be with the player on court at the start of the match.
Coaching is not permitted:
- Prior to the start of the match following warm-up
- During the 60-second interval when one side reaches 11-points of any game in any round
- Between first and second games of a match prior to the semi-finals
YOUNG OFFICALS PROGRAM - Badminton Alberta will be continuing with the implementation of phase one of the Young Officials Program, which requires the winner of a match to stay on-court to score keep the upcoming match on the same court. Scheduling of the tournament will be adjusted to provide additional rest time between matches to accommodate the additional commitment of the players. In the case of doubles, the decision to whom will stay behind to score keep will be decided by Rock-Paper-Scissors between the winning pair. Any player unwilling to cooperate with Tournament Management regarding the fulfillment of Young Officials responsibility will be removed from the tournament immediately.
COACHING ELIGIBILITY – Effective January 01, 2016, Badminton Alberta will require that all coaches entering the field of play be minimal Comp Intro Regional certified.
PHOTOS - Badminton Alberta, its representative and successors reserve all rights to reproduce, for the purpose of illustration, fund raising, advertising or publication in any manner, any photographs taken by Badminton Alberta or affiliated members, clubs, contractors or staff during this event.
WAIVER OF RIGHTS AND ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF POLICIES
- You understand and agree to the following:
- You are participating at your own choice and, intending to be legally bound, you hereby acknowledge and agree to assume all risk of injury and loss of any kind whatsoever in participating in this event;
- You agree that you shall be solely responsible for all claims, demands, damages, costs, expenses, actions, causes of action, whether in law or in equity, resulting from any loss, personal injury, or property damage, or for the loss or theft of any property, however caused, as a result of, relating to or arising from your participation in this event;
- You hereby indemnify and save harmless Badminton Alberta and its members, agents, and/or representatives and its successors and assigns from and against all liability whatsoever resulting from any loss, personal injury, property damage, loss or theft referred to in the preceding paragraph. You hereby waive, release and forever discharge Badminton Alberta and its members, agents, and/or representatives and its successors and assigns, to the fullest extent permitted by law, from any and all claims, actions, causes of action, liabilities, obligations, damages, omissions or costs as a result of, relating to or arising from your participation in this event;
- You acknowledge that you have fully read and understand the Policies put forth by Badminton Alberta on the Badminton Alberta website and agree to abide by any rules and regulations outlined therein from the time of online entry until the completion of the event; and
- You agree that this release and waiver of liability shall be binding upon you and your heirs, executors, administrators and assigns.
- You and your parent/guardian (if the athlete in under 18 years of age) confirm that you have reviewed the approved Concussion Awareness Resources within the last 12 months. These resources are available at www. badmintonalberta.ca
ENTRY PROCEDURE – Enter on-line at www.badmintonalberta.ca
Additional information can be obtained by contacting:
BADMINTON ALBERTA, 60 Patterson Blvd SW, Calgary, AB T3H 2E1
Tel. (403) 297-2722 / Fax (403) 297-2706